Lab 2: The Shape of Data
You should clone this repository to get started with this lab. The URL to clone is https://github.com/lse-me314/assignment02. You can find detailed instructions on how to do this here.
- Examine the tutorial on How to Reshape a Data.frame.
- Use the other files in this repository for the exercise.
- Don’t omit reading the the great book R for Data Science. Chapter 12 is a fantastic resource for understanding data reshaping.
- Altaf’s resource on dplyr and the “tidyverse”
- Altaf’s resource on ggplot2
Identifying the characteristics of “tidy” data.
a. What makes the following example “non-tidy”?
b. Inspect the R object [
cmpdata.RData] from the file of the same name. (You can access this by opening the file from the Files pane of Rstudio.) What makes this data non-tidy?
Reshaping in R.
Work with the file me314-assignment2-LASTNAME-FIRSTNAME.Rmd (after renaming it!)
Solution to Assignment 2 as: